|Heritage Trust Network
|24th October 2023 09:00 AM (GMT)
The decline of the High Street is a recurrent theme in the news, but many organisations are trying to reverse this trend by restoring old town centre buildings and giving them vibrant, viable new uses that are attractive to their communities.
Join us at the Brownlow House, or Lurgan Castle, a stunning country manor in Northern Ireland overlooking the scenic surroundings of Lurgan Park built in 1833
The day is jam-packed with talks, tours and networking with those who have completed projects and those who are helping to shape the future of High Streets in Northern Ireland. This part of the Network’s Rethinking High Streets programme of events throughout the UK.
The event is aimed at people working in national and local government on economic and community regeneration, property, planning and the public realm; business improvement districts and similar partnerships; professionals (architects, planners, economists, project managers) working in the field; charities, social enterprises and community organisations rescuing, restoring and managing historic buildings in town centres.
Here is what, and who, you can expect on the day:
– Welcome from Heritage Trust Network and an introduction to the ‘Rethinking High Streets’ programme.
– Exploring the significance of use and reuse to economic and social development strategies in Northern Ireland with Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council CEO Roger Wilson
– Living High Streets initiative, a co-produced fresh approach to placemaking that engages local communities in working together on all aspects of their village, town or city with MAG
– Case study of a High Street / Town centre initiative from elsewhere in the UK
– Panel discussion with a variety of speakers including Architectural Heritage Fund, National Lottery Heritage Fund, Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council & others to be confirmed.
– Tour of Brownlow House
– Tour of Lurgan High Street
Thanks to players of the National Lottery and Historic Environment Scotland for making this event possible.
Network, Partner and Supporter members can book for £40. You should have received an email with a code to access the discounted tickets. Click the red ‘Get tickets’ button and enter your code in the box that says ‘Promo Code’. The discounted ticket options will be revealed.
If you did not get the code please email email@example.com.
This is one of a series of face-to-face events on Rethinking Town Centres & High Streets across the United Kingdom. Other dates and locations are as follows and are now available to book via Eventbrite:
Tuesday 5th September – Stirling
Thursday 5th October – Manchester
Tuesday 24th October – Lurgan
Wednesday 1st November – Reading
If you would like to join the Heritage Trust Network and save £40 with the discounted ticket price, please go online to find out more information. Annual membership starts from just £100
Heritage Trust Network is the UK’s umbrella organisation for not-for-profit organisations that are rescuing, restoring and managing historic buildings and places. Join us today at www.heritagetrustnetwork.org.uk/members/join-us/
Location: Brownlow House Windsor Avenue Lurgan BT67 9BJ
Tickets are from £80.Back to Calendar