|Organisation||Cork Nature Network|
|Date||3rd June 2023 11:00 AM (GMT)|
Cork Nature Network is delighted to host an informative walk around The Old Head of Kinsale on Saturday 3 June at 11 a.m. to learn about kittiwakes, guillemots and other seabirds that rely upon this beautiful coastal habitat. Led by Emma Caulfield and John Armstrong, we will learn about the challenges coastal ecosystems face and what measures are being undertaken to designate specific maritime areas of conservation as Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). Join us as we explore the value of our coastal habitat where Cork harbour meets the sea.
Emma Caulfield is a volunteer with Cork Nature Network with specialist knowledge of seabirds. She has worked as an Ornithological Research Volunteer with the Manx Wildlife Trust and is pursuing a MSc in Marine Biology at UCC.
John Armstrong has a degree in Ecology from UCC and has a special interest in science education, the marine and water issues in Ireland. He is the campaigns manager for CNN and represents CNN on the board of SWAN (Sustainable Waters Network.) John works in the education department of Fota Wildlife Park and as a consultant ecologist. He is a mentor for the All Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors.
The meeting point will be in front of the The Old Head Signal Tower and Lusitania Museum.
The whole walk will take around an hour and a half and will finish at the starting point. Parking is available on the main road but please do not park or walk onto the adjacent golf course grounds.
We look forward to seeing you!
To support Cork Nature Network:
• Become a member: Individual membership is only €10. Concessions €5. Family €20.
• Or make a donation
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS
• All attendees of Cork Nature Network events will be required to follow up to date health guidance.
• Some attendees may wish to wear a mask when gathered outdoors as a group.
Please do not attend any Cork Nature Network event if you:
• are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
• are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test.
• are self-isolating or restricting your movements.
• have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19. Please consult HSE guidelines regarding testing positive for COVID-19: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/positive-result/
• are a recent close contact of a person who is a confirmed case of COVID-19. Please consult HSE guidelines regarding close contacts: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/contact-tracing/close-contact/
• have been advised by a doctor to isolate or cocoon.
Reserve a spot online for free.
Location: Lusitania Museum & Old Head Signal Tower Downmacpatrick P17 T683 Kinsale IrelandBack to Calendar